cross drilled rotors Scott Williams is WRONG!

brett,
while the guy in the article is an expert  he had to simplify some stuff.
while going to bigger calipers MIGHT requrie more fluid to make them move.
they dont necc have to. For example IFyou could get the same volume
requirement  for two calipers  ie. the same force for the same amount of
psi as related to his article. getting a larger diameter system would be
worth it. assuming there wasnt a significant increase in mass.
ways that this can be accomplished.
using multiple small diameter plungers. a light weight (xdrilled) rotor.
so for most street applications the actual RIM that people use is going to
effect thier unsprung weight more than the rotor. ie for a 30% increase in
diameter and a 10% increase in weight.. its an acceptable tradeoff.
esp if a light weight cooll looing rim is usea typical VW tear drop rim
but remember the suspension geometyr on our cars was designed for that
heavy ass wheel.

and he is also coming from a road racer point of view. not a dail driver.
brian