My little beastie is sick

Hi,
     I have no doubt the pressure was high.  It was quite cold (about -20 C),
the oil is about 3 months old and the car is a daily driver getting about
70KM/day.  The oil was a little on the thick side and about due for a changing.
I don't think it's pump specific, though, unless the pressure regulator in the
pump can cause the pressure to go so high when it fails it will blow out the
seal on top of the oil cooler.  As I mentioned, it's really easy to see where
the oil is coming out.
     I have to wait until tomorrow to fix it, unfortunately. Today's
commitments just ate too much time.  If it was the pressure regulator in the
pump failing and causing an extreme over-pressure situation would I see any
other symptoms?  Or is your thought about the pressure regulator that it would
leak excessively there?

Cheers,
Colin