cross drilled rotors Scott Williams is WRONG!

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 13:05:19 -0800 Kevin Collins <kcollins1@socal.rr.com>
writes:

>You might consider the Ate "Power Disc" rotors with the atom-shaped
>groove.
>They are not much more $ than OEM and allegedly are effective in
>adding cooling.

What a lame thread. I should of been all over it before now. I mean, its
like, all on topic and stuff. Why cant you guys banter about nothing like
normal? Geez man.

Kidding, of course.

HEY! I run these on my 84 Roc cuz they look sew kewl. Much to my
surprise....

 One time, at Dubwar, (at Bottonwillow) it was 103F and I was like,
"dude, these brakes are gonna fade in the first lap". Doug was like,
"dude, your so right, its totally gonna suck using the binders going into
the Mazda corner dude". And I was like, "DUDE, I KNOW"!

So then, Doug (who co-drove the 84 and drove first that day) goes out and
makes like 8 laps and comes in. So im like, "dude, how was it"? Doug was
like, Dude, the brakes NEVER faded and the car is quite fast"! I was
like, "No way"! He he was all, "WAY"!!

So then I drove and pushed quite hard on that 103F day. Ran a solid 8
laps as hard as I could and NEVER once had a hint of brake fade. Had oil
temp issues but thatsanother ordeal.

The setup was the 9.4" vented Ate "Power Disc" Rotors, Ferrodo DS2000
pads, SS lines the rest all stock components. Dude, we were so impressed.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -SS 30- 2001 SDR Solo2 Champion
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-   79' "Project FSP Scirocco"  84' Scirocco 8V
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.