cross drilled rotors Scott Williams is WRONG!

Jason;
   It's not that they don't provide cooling.  They do.  The question is
whether they provide increased performance.  Does the coolness outweigh the
loss of useable swept area?   Scott says no, and I believe he's right,
especially considering that the loss in swept area is reducing performance
100% of the time you use them, whereas the cooling is only helpful when the
brakes are so hot that they need more cooling.  That, for most of us, is,
well, almost never.  Even if you do need that cooling, say 20% of the time,
are they significantly cooler at those times? ...and are those times worth
the sacrifice in performance the rest of your car's days?  ...as for the
stainless brake lines, they are a good deal regardless of your rotors, so
you can't say you are making up for bad rotors with good lines, because you
also have the option of good rotors with good lines.   Yep, Scotty and I are
digging in our heals here, folks.

   Now, I do have slotted rotors for looks, as I said.  By way of sorta
proving Scott right, you might notice that he actually slotted his rear
rotors on his rally car.  Why?  Not for increased performance of rear
brakes.  He wanted to reduce the rear brake bias, and accomplished that by
slotting the rear rotors.

BH