16v assembly trouble - RESOLVED

I was going to corect the entry in my Bently and notived it states that the
firing order is: 1-3-4-2.  Which is right? 1-4-3-2 or 1-3-4-2.

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Rick Alexander
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 8:55 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: 16v assembly trouble - RESOLVED

Of course it will not run with the ignition firing at 1234 when it's
supposed to be 1432. Thank you Mr. Bentley for not knowing your clock from
counter clock. Logic should have clued me into this but I've become
accustomed to relying upon Mr. Bentley.

Now a special THANK YOU to Jason Adams. You were right on the money with
your information that the book was in error here. Thank you.

I'm also indebted to Brian McGarvey, Dave Ewing, Chris DeLong, and Peter.
This is what this list does best. Now if I could only take my pride and
stuff it in my back pocket so that I could have asked earlier I would not
have wasted four days trying to figure this out myself. What a stoop I've
been.

Thank you one and all.

Now it's downstairs to make it run right.

Rick Alexander
http://www.brubakerbox.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/hams/
http://clubs.hemmings.com/vwsrus/