From: "Brian McGarvey" <brianm@zbt62.eastnet.gatech.edu>
To: "Warren R. Price" <wprice@neo.rr.com>
Cc: "Scirocco-Al" <scirocco-Al@insight.rr.com>; <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 6:48 PM
Subject: Re: Please help, dead scirocco!

> My 16v did this immediately prior to getting smacked hard twice in 7 days.
> the hall sender broke in mine. it sounded bad exactly like you describe.
> well another $200 down the drain.
> brian
>

> On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Warren R. Price wrote:
>
> > Actually, I did happen to glance at the timing belt.  I was just
replaced about 3 months ago and it is intact (thank God).

> > Thanks
> >
> > Warren

middle of the busiest f*cking intersection in our city.  I was sitting there
at the light...when it turned green, let out the clutch, gave it some gas,
the car moved a few feet and the motor abruptly quit.  I am thinking there
is either no spark or it's not getting fuel.  I'm having it towed to my
house and I should be able to see if it is getting spark.  In the meantime
are there any theories (I realize I'm not giving you a lot here cuz I just
don't know a lot yet).  The car turns over fine...  I was concerned because
the engine just didn't sound "good" when it happened.  More specifically, I
thought I may have heard a clunk, but I am praying that it was just the jerk
from the motor dying while I was taking off.  Again, it turns over just fine
and no obvious electrical short or anything like that.