My 87 Scirocco 16V

The section I repaired is an experiment I've been running for about 2 weeks
now. I plan on going a month or so to see how it weathers. It's some stuff
I found that's made by 3M I think, found it in a hardware store for a
different reason but a little light came on and I thought I'd give it a try
here. I don't have any here but I can tell you all what it is this weekend.

Looks almost perfect, no it is perfect. Matches the texture of the original
vinyl stuff Volkswagon used. The white'ish speckles you see are not in the
finish I think it's like dust or pollen. I washed the car last weekend.

I will update the whole group on the joys of removing the old stuff (not
fun) and applying the new stuff soon. I will be doing the stuff around the
whole deck, with the spoiler removed, and the B-pillars. It seems to form
to the contours very well if you take a blow dryer and heat it up a tad.

I think this may be the ticket to getting rid of the crackels!

-Raffi