[OT] ARGH!!!!! Smoked VR6 clutch...

Dan wrote:

> <snip>
> Dropping the transaxle is fun because you need one of those 12 point
> bits and the axle likes to turn while you are torquing and everything.
> </snip>
>
> yes, 12point.....hard...no.
> Have a 'helper' sit in the vehicle and HOLD THE BRAKE whilst you
> loosen/tighten the bolts on the inner CVs.
>
> Dan

I have had folks try this for me and without the vacuum power assist the
axle just slips past the brake pad. Better yet is to stick a screwdriver
in the vented brake rotor slot and have it high up against the caliper.

If you have the helper you can just throw the wheel back on and have
them grab it while you crank away.

TBerk