[Re: I found out I have an FF Trany instead of a 4k on my 84, is an FF ok with a stock JH 8v?]

This is my number to the FF:
FF 09040
can anyone tell me the date made

http://4crawler.cruiserpages.com/Diesel/VW_020_transmission.shtml

> I used an FF for a core when I got my FN/Quaife from
> VL.  Had to
> verify it was the same ratios by the date code.
> Sorry but I don't
> have the info handy on how to read the code.
>
> Aha, but I do...mine was AGB16066, read it as an AGB
> tranny, manufactured on
> 16th day of the 06th month, 86 ("16"th, "06" for
> June, "6" for 86) About right
> for a July 86 assembly date, that date can be found
> from the VIN BTW. About
> time I contributed something serious eh?
> Cathy

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco(stock)
1987 White Quantum wagon (Stock with auto)
aw614.topcities.com/1984.htm