The Mother of All Scirocco Articles

I remember back in the days (You'd think I'd been around Roc's for ever)
When they did the article on my car, my buddy Roberts Scirocco with the
chrome Quasars, roll car, power recaro's and rear view camera, and my
friend Jeff's car, Rocco I with the warholesque paint job that had like
10 pages
of coverage,   They were going to do another all Scirocco edition like
they had done the
year before.  Les said that they had been building up Scirocco's in their
file because
so many people had liked the all Scirocco edition so much.  Nothing
became of it, but we
did end up with Sciroccos featured in something like 5 of the next 7
issues :-)

Congrats Kevin and Randy.  It's always nice to get some recognition for
all the hard work you've
put into the cars.  I took pics of every photo shoot that my car had as
well, kind of a "Just in case it
never makes it into print, I'll have proof that they took the pics."
They have files, and files of cars that
they shoot that never actually make it into print for one reason or
another.

On a note about my roc, I just bought a set of 16 inch Hockenheim R's
that I should have on by
next week, and if Arvin ever gets off his butt and changes the engine in
his roc for his new turbo set up,
 I'll have his 2.0 installed as well.  Then all I need to do is change
the interior again, get a different graphic
paint scheme, and no one will be able to accuse me of being stuck in the
80's  :-)  Although that was when
I originally built the car, so it is kind of fitting.  I think mine is
the only car of that era, other than Kevins that is
still around, although his has had a major cash injection since Frank
owned it.

Okay, that's enough from me.  Back to lurker/I'm really busy and don't
have time to read the digest every day mode

Ken Weidmann Jr. /Checkered Flag Automotive
619-589-0321
1995 Jetta GLX M3 Wannabe
1985 1/2 Showrocco
1957 Porsche 356A