Suspension question.

---------- Original Message -------------------------
---------
From: MOTORSPORT69@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:22:53 EST

>we have been looking at this from all standpoints.
Aren't the Scirocco i and
>the Scirocco 2 including the 16V all built off the
A1 chassis? So whay can't
>you put a Scirocco  1 suspension on a Scirocco 2??
Geezz... God help up
>all!!!, and we're a company for christ's sake. LOL

I resemble that remark!

The Mk.1 Scirocco weighs a lot less, which is the
reason, why you shouldn't use them on a Scirocco 2
16V. If you had really stiff A1 springs. that you
wanted to use, you might be okay...
You can use Scirocco 1 springs on a Scirocco 2 8V...

When I first bought my '88 16V, I installed my
Bilstein BTS-172 kit and it sat way too low, I had
to remove the inner fender skirts.
I had previously had the same suspension on my
RIP '85, and it wasn't that bad, it sat a little
lower, but the 16V is a lot heavier, especially if
you have a/c and PS.

Before that I used the Bilstein kit on my RIP '81 S
and that's the car that the kit fit the best, it sat
just right, and it handled great.

Btw, nobody has a sport spring for a Mk.1 16V...
I used a set of linear Neuspeed race springs
w/Bilsteins on the '79 16V, and it kinda sits like a
stock Scirocco.

I'd recommend getting 16V springs, H&R's or Neuspeed
sports for a Scirocco 16V.

Peter - Bear Delaware 19701
'79 Scirocco 16V, '83 & '84
GTI, '79, '81, '84, '84=BD, '88 Sciroccos
http://thescirocco.com
Peloquin LSD
http://www.techtonicstuning.com
http://autotech.com