PLayin' with my knob...

>--- Josh Hignight <Josh.Hignight@phoenix.edu> wrote:
>

> > Also, can I cut the lever with a Dremel and cut off wheel (or two)?
> >

>Or 20...  A dremel might be a bit light for this type of thing.  I'm
>not saying it can't be done, but I've logged countless hours on my
>dremel making jewelery and know it's limitations pretty well...  I'd
>use something bigger (bigger rotary tool, or grinder maybe...)
>
>Mark.

I cut down my shift lever with a Sears rotary tool, not even a dremel. feh.
Didn't even go through one disc, took about 10-15 minutes.  I poked the
lever up through the bottom of a box so the metal shavings stayed inside
while I cut it.  It was a while ago, I might have broken a disc by angling it
too much in the slot, but that hardly counts...

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net