whats a g60 syncro passat really worth ???

It's a freekin' Passat!  I wouldn't think twice about chopping it up if
I get an awd Scirocco out of the deal...  That's not quite the plan
though.  I was thinking of buying it and driving through next winter,
and then re-evaluating.  Even with the whole Passat, it'll still take a
bunch of time and money to shoehorn the drivetrain into a 'roc - more
than I have right now...  I'd hardly be "wasting" the Passat, because
I'd be using 80% of the car - the rims are awesome too (lightweight
forged versions of the passat rim), not to mention a G60 engine, and
cable shift tranny - even a good chunk of the leather interior could
find it's way into the Scirocco...  Oh ya, I would only be doing this
to a MK1 Scirocco that's pretty much beyond repair, since alot of the
floor would be removed (especially the rusty rear section)...  If it
works well on the "basket case", I might eventually take the lessons
learned and swap everything into a nicer car.  But this is all in the
very early "dream" stage, so no one get their panties in a wad just
yet!  :-)

Mark.