[OT] What's a G60 Syncro Passat really worth?

A friend of a friend is looking to sell her G60 Syncro Passat (5 speed)
and I'm hoping to scoop it...  I doubt she knows what it's really worth
(she's 19, and not a VW enthusiast, so I'm sure she doesn't know that
hers is 1 of only 200 that were sold in NA).  I've seen people asking
all kinds of different prices for these things (as low as $3500
Canadian) to over 10 grand...  Does anyone know what they ACTUALLY sell
for?  My dream of an AWD Scirocco may just come true!

Thanks,

Mark.