Mk1 16v Owners...

I need some help on a few issues with my '80 16v conversion...

How do you mount both CIS-E "modules" in the rain tray?  It seems to be
a tighter fit that on a mk2, so are there any tricks to getting these
to fit nicely?

Another vacuum line question... there is a large vacuum line (~ 0.5") on the
Driver's side of my '80 coming from the upper inside of the fender area.  The
Bentley says this goes to the "Activated charcoal filter canister" which
appears to be tied into the fuel evaporative system.  I assume that this line
should be connected to a vacuum source somehow, but where?  I would assume
that is would not be a good idea to just remove this canister, as it would
affect the fuel system, correct?

Thanks for the help!

=====
Benjamin Harder