Timing hole question

yeah I know what you mean julie, my 85 did not have one for years, until I
did a tuned up at the dealership in canada (wanted to make sure the mix was
right) anyways, the mechanic was cool, he pulled one out of his drawer, and
winked at me and poped it on when he was done...

I miss that dude... he owns 2 84 rocco and 3 water cooled 67-68-69 bettles.

Patrick