hey i need help with my tranny questions please

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 JCJJCC@aol.com wrote:

> i have an 85 gti 8v with a 5 speed in it. and i took it out yesterday to
> change the clutch and i turned one axle and the other one turned the same
> way. i thought they were supposed to turn in opposite directions when you
> turned one and held the main shaft  from spinning. i dont know. some body
> fill me in please  thanks L.J.

Ahh, er, 84+ gti gli and roc at least, have a stock limited slip... with a
limited slip, they SHOULD both turn the same direction... though its
really limited, on the order of 2 percent, its there.

just FYI.

take care,

Steve

     If you see a mad professor in a minibus, just smile. --James Bond
                      http://westfailure.org