any Bay Area Listers want to get their hands dirty next weekend?

--0-2015713222-1016058611=:95606

Ok everybody - after months of sponging advice from this wonderful resource and many $'s spent, I'm finally ready (at least I think I am) to dig in and do my 2.0 swap (the only thing I don't have yet is the oil filter  ;)!

The DATE:   I was wondering if any of my local brethren have some spare time/experience/hands that they could lend me next weekend (3/22 and 3/23). I will have my digital camera from work on hand to document our quest.

The BAIT:    Provided you notify me of your intention to participate in advance (a day or two), I can promise there will be at least one sixer of your favorite beer on hand (probably more if I like that brand  ;). Corona and Guiness are givens (as well as a few other spirits we should probably stay away from!)  Upon completion of said project (or, hopefully not, when we throw in the towel), I can also promise some the tastiest BBQ'd tri-tip you've ever had (I'm more known for my grilling prowess than my mechanic's skillz).

The STATE (of affairs):    Like I said, I have just about every tool, chemical and part (X-ing my fingers  :) This 86.5 16v is getting a 9a block, head recently rebuilt getting autotech cams, DFQ tranny with short-shift kit (until my 4k gets it's makeover). I'll be starting disassembly early Friday afternoon to get a head start.

The LOCATE (-shun)  Ok - I'll stop now  ;)  San Mateo, Ca (Delaware st. near SM High School/Poplar Ave)

Please feel free to let me knowz if you gotz any ?'s. Either email me or call my cell 650.302.6777

Hope you guys can make it...

Jeff

--0-2015713222-1016058611=:95606

<P>Ok everybody - after months of sponging advice from this wonderful resource and many $'s spent, I'm finally ready (at least I think I am) to dig in and do my 2.0 swap (the only thing I don't have yet is the oil filter&nbsp; ;)!</P>
<P>The DATE:&nbsp;&nbsp; I was wondering if any of my local brethren have some spare time/experience/hands that they could lend me next weekend (3/22 and 3/23). I will have my digital camera from work on hand to document our quest.</P>
<P>The BAIT:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Provided you notify me of your intention to participate in advance (a day or two), I can promise there will be at least one sixer of your favorite beer on hand (probably more if I like that brand&nbsp; ;). Corona and Guiness are givens (as well as a few other spirits we should probably stay away from!)&nbsp; Upon completion of said project (or, hopefully not, when we throw in the towel), I can also promise some the tastiest BBQ'd tri-tip you've ever had (I'm more known for my grilling prowess than my mechanic's skillz).</P>
<P>The STATE (of affairs):&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Like I said, I have just about every tool, chemical and&nbsp;part (X-ing my fingers&nbsp; :) This 86.5 16v is getting a 9a block, head recently rebuilt getting autotech cams, DFQ tranny with short-shift kit (until my 4k gets it's makeover). I'll be starting disassembly early Friday afternoon to get a head start.</P>
<P>The LOCATE (-shun)&nbsp; Ok - I'll stop now&nbsp; ;)&nbsp; San Mateo, Ca (Delaware st. near SM High School/Poplar Ave)</P>
<P>Please feel free to let me knowz if you gotz any ?'s. Either email me or call my cell 650.302.6777</P>
<P>Hope you guys can make it...</P>
Try FREE <a href="$rd_url/tag/http://mail.yahoo.com/";>Yahoo! Mail</a> - the world's greatest free email!
--0-2015713222-1016058611=:95606--