WAAY OT: looking for a commuter car... again

Ok folks i took the position in Groton now i have to get my butt back and
forth between there.
its 122mi one way

here are my options to date.
Wife requirements cause she thinks shes gonna drive the car after im done
with it.
4 doors 4 windows and not a scirocco
if its less than 3k after all is said and done an early 90s is ok
like a Jetta GLI.

other wise were up to spending more.
like a ~75k TDI wagon that somebody else has  a deposit on for like 7500.

she'll go upto 10k for a relatively low mileage passat wagon with a manual
with leather interior.  you know the nice options stuff.

and yes i know she's smokin happy weed.

I think i'll be doing the commutee in the cabby or the new rocco that i
pick up this weekend for a few months. thats fine..
brian