G11 or G12

Sorry if this has been discussed to death.  The search on the archives doesn't
seem to be working at the moment...

I will be flushing the PO's green junk from the cooling system and swapping the
radiator this weekend.  I was wondering what the difference between G11 and G12
coolant is?  Is one better than another?

I plan on using lubromoly rad flush, a refill of distilled water, and the final
fill with one of the above and water wetter.

Anyone have any tips or tricks to share?

Thanks,
Matt
'87 16v