From: Brian Wagner [mailto:scirocco_88_16v@hotmail.com]=20
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 8:33 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Tech: Cooling

Well tonight I replaced the radiator on the 87 16v and it is still
getting hot 3/4's or better when driving it it fine slightly above the
led and 110C. When it idles it goes to 3/4's and the oil temp hit 125C,
things I have replaced

Water pump and housing (new)
Radiator (new)
Thermostat (new)
Fan Switch (new)

It doesn't seem to be getting flow to the radiator (thats why I replaced
it) half the tank was getting hot and the other half tepid. Alright
listers what else could it be?

Fan relay good
fan good

I tested everything I can think of, I was talking with Patrick and he
said it might be a plugged bypass hose. Has anyone else experienced
this? LMK

I will drive it tomorrow and see if I can burp anymore air from it but I
don't know.

Brian