Subaru?

> Do you think you can touch a WRX for 23,995?

Actually, yes. Of course, there are dealers trying to
cash-in and sell over list, but I know of more than a
few who are selling for list. Since Subaru upped their
production and the economy sunk at the same time, even
the greedy dealerships are selling cheaper.

Mastro Subaru, here in Tampa, even holds i-Club
affiliated meets, and had a rally-x style event a few
months ago at the European Rally School. Co-sponsored
by Subaru of America. SoA reps were there hanging out
with us and driving the snot out of one of Mastro's
cars.

Mastro also carries MRT rally products from Australia,
can get Prodrive parts, and has warranteed every issue
I've had with the car. It's cool walking into the
dealership and having the parts guy say "we got the
new blow-off valves and Spearco-based intercoolers in
yesterday...over there sitting on the showroom
display! We put one on the shop car. Want to take it
out for a spin?"

And for $23k, you get more power, better (non-piggish)
handling, and AWD. 300+hp potential with bolt-ons! And
the STi isn't even here yet...

The new VWs really are great cars, but they just
aren't competing with the other manufacturers when it
comes to enthusiasts.

Neal

=====
~Neal