6spd tranny?

> Hopefully this wasn't covered somewhere in the past week's throurough
> discussion of the 6spd., but how much do these conversion kits cost?  I'm
> just looking for ballpark info, but preferably a price on the kit for DIY
> rebuild with your own or their gears.

Here's the cost breakdown of what I paid Vince (VL Enterprises) to do the
conversion for me:

$325 - Labor: Full re-build of tranny, install Option-6, install Quaife
(supplied by me), install bolt kit.
$200 - Rebuild kit (includes syncros and other internal bits)
$859 - Option-6 kit
$150 - .71 gear for 6th
------
$1534 - Total

I also spent about 4 months of countless unanswered e-mails and phone calls
trying to get Vince to complete the work (which is another story
altogether).  My advice is to just buy the kit and have a local/trusted
tranny shop do the work for you if you don't have the skills/tools/etc. to
do it yourself.

Mike Carlson
'84 Scirocco Wolfsburg Edition
'95 GTI VR6