Where to put the O2 sensor was: 4-2 Manifold and opinions

Rick Kellner wrote:

> Since the topic of 4-2 manifolds is out there I thought I would add a
> question to the mix.
> I have a 4 to 2 exhaust without an O2 hole that I will be putting on my 84,
> 8v.  I will also be putting on an after market (TT or Autotech) down pipe.
> One of the technicians suggested that I put the O2 sensor in the cat.   He
> said that there is a plug at the downpipe side of the cat that will accept
> the O2 sensor.  Is this location too far away (too cool) for the stock,
> non-heated sensor?   Does anyone have any experience with this and/or an
> opinion?

I would say:

- Yes, it's too far awaaay to be a non heated sensor. It won't start
working well untill you get it good and hot, and down by the cat it'll
also be in the airstream, further cooling it off.

Isn't there a port in the back of the manifold you can use? It might
need a bolt/ plug removed.

TBerk