6spd tranny?

Marc, check those dyno reports and you'll see what is often verified. That
is, the fact that the 16v motors make more torque *and* horsepower all
across the rpm band. The 8v motors seem torquier for the following reasons:

a) the gear ratios are often shorter(3.94 versus 3.67)
b) vehicle weights are lower
c) 16v has a mad rush of *extra* power up top which makes it feel relatively
soft on the bottom
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut