6spd tranny?

Sorry I'm a little late jumping into this thread--I was unsubbed for several
days...

> ihave no idea exactly what i've got right now, i had to work this
afternoon
> so i had lil' time to play with it. i knew it had something when i saw the
> tranny sticking through the inner wheel well, i damn does that 8v have
some

Aha!  That's a pretty good clue that it actually does have the 6-speed
conversion.  For pics of my 4K 6-speed (w/Quaife--moohooha!), go to
http://www.divergent.org/mikes.vws/Sonja/Pictures.htm and scroll down 3 or 4
pics.

If it's a V.L. Enterprises Option-6 conversion, the code on the tranny
housing will have the letters "VLE" plus some other stuff I can't recall
right now.  (I'd have to take a peek at mine to see what it says--I just
remember that it doesn't have the normal 4K code on it anymore.)

Mike Carlson
'84 Scirocco Wolfsburg Edition
'95 GTI VR6
http://www.divergent.org/mikes.vws/