[sunroof] the self-proclaimed guru.....

--- Ian Overholt <ioverholt@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Guess I didn't read the Bentley too well, because I don't
> remember the DON'T
> MOVE ONE PIN AT A TIME warning.  :)  Sometimes ignorance
> is bliss!

Ditto.  WTF are you talking about?

> I did the parallel adjustment by measuring with a ruler
> the distance from
> the notch on the rail to the center of the pin (look at
> picture in Bentley
> to see what I'm talking about).  I cannot see why anyone
> should need a
> special tool for this.  Moreover, bentley's warning makes
> no sense.

Totally agree here.  Each cable moves independantly of
eachother with the gear drive removed.  The only special
tool I've ever used for the sunroof job is a bent-up coat
hanger to remove the little spring for the interior panel.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace