[TECH]Stop Breaking euro light adjusters

When I installed my e-lights, I had a problem with breaking the adjusters.
Once I got replacements, I decided to apply one of my r/c truck pratices to
them.

On my truck, the a-arms are nylon. They are also very thin and break easily.
In order to keep them from snapping on every landing, the company that makes
the truck recommends boiling the arms for 10 minutes to make them more
flexible. This flexibility lasts for a VERY long time (over a year so far).

So, since the adjusters seem to be somewhat like nylon, although I don't
believe they are, I decided to boil them. After 10 minutes of boiling, and
another 30 or so to cool off, they went on like a charm. No cracking or
snapping. Plus, the plastic part on the headlight side of the adjuster is
also more flexible, which makes taking the lights on and off of the
adjusters is much easier (like for instance if you install the high beams on
the wrong side of the car <doh>).

Hopefully, this will help in keeping them form cracking with age as well.

Joshua Hignight
Student Services/Technical Services
New Mexico Campus
(505) 821-4800