Brake line replace

Not sure if its still valid or applicable in Canada, but there was a
safety campaign for some MKIs to replace the rear hard lines inside the
passenger compartment.  Guarantee most dealers will NOT want to do this.

IME, bender not necessary for lines.  EKTA will give lengths.  I was
able to order terne coated line a little longer than original when I
redid LR on 87 16V.

And a good ISO flare bender is not cheap or easy.  Consider off-the-shelf
lengths using threaded unions if necessary.  If you've still got the
Girling original front calipers, finding s steel braided flex hoses may
be difficult as some had one left hand thread (indicated by notches in the
hex nut). But if car is long term, now would be the time to do flex
lines and perhaps rear axle bushings, too.

There are braided lines available with no adapter st steel ends (autotech
for instance).

Good luck,

 -- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre
You will also need a double flare kit, and a pipe
cutter. Standard stuff sold at most auto parts store,
probably sold at Crappy Tire as well. Pipe benders are
cheap too, you might as well think about buying one.

Small $$ project tools, that are going to pay for
themselves in the long run. Have mine for over 15
years.

Cheers.

Marc