What about the port? was: Do these things work?

> btw: the gasket on the intake manifold does nothing to inibate heat from
> head to manifold..
> Patrick

How do you figure? First of all the gasket is not paper thin as stated in
the e-bay auction. It's around .06". Second whatever the gasket material is
it's non-metallic(except for the steel mesh inside which is largely
irrelevant because it is not in contact with the head or manifold). It's
coefficient of thermal conductivity is miniscule (on the order of 1/1000th)
compared to aluminum.
So, being the nitpicking dick that I am; saying the gasket does "nothing" to
inhibite heat transfer (hope you don't mind my editorial license on your
statement) is clearly an incorrect statement.
Somehow this product reminds me of the turbonated vacuum leak promoted by
some british company that miraculously improved power and economy. The
Vortex response?? Group Buy!! Group Buy!! Group Buy!!
By the way, whatever happened to that wonderful 60 MPG carburetor? I'm sure
it was real! Probably squashed by the energy companies!