fuba

well yeah if you take your time on the headliner you should be alright
just to give you an idea of what I did on my 8v to install one (maybe give
your a head ups on what it is about)
though I beleive the stock antenna wuire runs on the passenger side (I ran
mine on the driver side..same difference really)

take a look at this tech note.. maybe it will help ya out.

http://longcoeur.com/scirocco/Technotes/16vantenna/index.html
[ A Texan's Scirocco - Patrick Bureau ]
[ 1985 8v Prowler Orange Kamei X1     ]
[ http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco   ]