[update]: ins co made offer, but what's it worth?

With enough persistence they will pay you partially for your go-fast
aftermarket parts if you have receipts.  I had to deal with Allstate
after my 88 was rear-ended.  I got a check for $2700 minus the $300 they
deducted for buying the car back (so ~$3000 total).  This also included
rental reimbursement which was $20/day for 10 days since I chose not to
take a rental car.

I recommend letting the insurance company know that you want to buy the
car back AFTER you negotiate how much they are paying you for it.  I
will look thru my files tonight and try to find the paperwork for mine.
If you have collision insurance of your own for the car, get your
insurance company involved.  If they give you a higher estimate than the
other insurance company, the at-fault insurance pays that estimate.
USAA did this for me... YMMV.

Mike