look familiar? rant

Brian Haygood wrote:

> I don't get it guys.  Our pictures aren't copyrighted, and nobody is trying
> to make a profit off of them while excluding us.  We have no profits or
> interests to protect except that of generating interest in our cars, right?
> Why the heck do people get so pissed when someone takes pictures from our
> site?  They are just enthusiasts like us.  Hell, the pictures from Duan's
> house of all the cars lined up in a VW emblem should be a cultural icon, not
> something we try to take credit for and horde for ourselves.

I believe the pics on the Org site should have a watermark placed on
them, a little line (very, very tiny) at the bottom giving thx for
source and others are supposed to credit sources.

I don't think ANYone should pull pix off of another web site and then
post them on their own site- without permission and Definitely not
without giving credit.

This issue was settled long before the Internet became the Web.

TBerk