From: "Michael Abatzis" <abatzis2@hotmail.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 11:31 AM
Subject: [update]: ins co made offer, but what's it worth?

so it appears that my beloved rocco is indeed totaled. ins co estimate fo=
repair: >$9000. ouch. they offered me $2100, which i turned down, citing
wheels, new engine, etc,etc. not to mention the pain/suffering of my neck
injury (not too severe, but i've been knocking back advils like they were
pez).  what SHOULD i be looking to get? brian m got $3100 for his about 6
mos ago, and mine was in better shape than that.  car was in very good
condition (88 16v); paint was pretty good, no dents/dings at all. shine
suspension/rear sway, newly rebuilt 2.0L 16v engine, 1 year old tsw 15"
rims/yoko avs int. rubber, 110k miles, near mint interior, tt cat back.
basically mechanically almost perfect. help me out here guys, what would =
you
sell yours for? tia,
-michael
roccoless...