OT : new GTI announced

Eric L Ellis wrote:

> Is it just me or is this SOOOOOOO far away from what a GTI is supposed to
> be?  Put that 1.8t in a light, well handling car, and that's what would
> make ME think "2002 GTI"!

Definitely not just you.  But the times have changed, there is no longer a
market for a de-contented, 2000 lb econobox with a few go-fast parts - the
market wants their power windows, sunroofs (note: this car will NOT have one,
not even as an option), 6 airbags, sound insulation, yada yada yada.  In
today's world, this pretty much is a light, well-handling car - compared
to much of the bigger barges out there.

I was within inches of leasing an Audi A4 - I'm now seriously considering
the 337.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA