Painting/dying Recaro's

> The guy said they were from a  MK2 Scirocco
No Scirocco that came to US shores was ever equipped with genuine Recaro's.
That's one way to tell.

Yes, seats from A2 cars work; in my experience, this is only the seats from
the German cars. Most 8V A2 car seats will not fit your Scirocco (or mine
for that matter).

Recaro's came in US market A2 16V VW's only (All have Recaro stitched into
the upper seatback):
*Black vinyl bolsters with Grey cloth center section (power &
non-power)-1988 GLI's
*All cloth (gray with bluish tint to it; (power & non-power)- 1990-2 GLI/GTI
*Blue vinyl back, crazy blue/grey/dk blue diagonal pattern cloth on inside
of bolsters and seat face

Also, no US cars came with leather Recaro's. And, absolutely no VW recaro
came with half cloth, half leather.

If it doesn't have Recaro stitched into the seat, they are not Recaro's.
let's not get into a huge discussion about VW licensing the Recaro design on
all their seats. Suffice it to say, ANY VW sport seat (the kind that look
like Recaro's but do not have the stitching or deep bolsters) are a FAR, FAR
cry from any true Recaro (that has Recaro stitching on it. All you have to
do is sit in a Recaro seat and you will know what I'm talking about.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&SortPrope
rty=MetaHighestPriceSort&query=recaro&ht=1&combine=y&st=2  There are two
sets of the ultra desirable black vinyl with gray cloth seats for sale at
this time.

Diamond Dave
88 Scirocco http://scirocco16v.com/profiles/david_b.htm
84 Jetta GLI