oil temp gauge and HVAC backlight still not working!

OK, some more questions for everyone:
1.) Is there a fuse for all the center console electronics?  I looked
through the Bentley and never could find one listed.  Man, this would solve
everything.
2.) How do I replace the ashtray bulb?   Bulb part number?
3.) Can I test the oil temp gauge outside the car somehow? (Not just the
light for it, since the whole gauge doesn't seem to function)
4.) Can I test the HVAC panel light somehow?
Thanks!!!