Drop in RPM on Freeway... Ideas?

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C21BC8.8979B860

I was driving today to work and my car was running very nice.  I was
doing about 75 going up I-5 and all the sudden my car had this huge
pause and my rpms dropped from about 4000 to 3000.  I was not
accelerating while doing this, I was just maintaining speed and maybe
even slowing down as the freeway was getting a bit crowded.  This only
happened for about a second and then everything was fine and my car
drove great the rest of the day, I even took it to 90mph without any
trouble.  At first it felt like when my radiator hose busted off a few
weeks ago, but my radiator is fine and all my coolant is in the car.
The only thing I can think of is a problem with the spark plugs.  I put
new bosch platnum +4's in the car last night and its run better since
but maybe this is a problem due to that.  Another possibility is maybe a
problem with the cat because my car has run rather rich this past year
and that may be going bad due to running rich.  I thought I could smell
a little bit more raw fuel than is usual when my rpm's dropped but its
hard to tell on the freeway.

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C21BC8.8979B860

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.0.4630.0">
<TITLE>Drop in RPM on Freeway... Ideas?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I was driving today to work and my car =
was running very nice.&nbsp; I was doing about 75 going up I-5 and all =
the sudden my car had this huge pause and my rpms dropped from about =
4000 to 3000.&nbsp; I was not accelerating while doing this, I was just =
maintaining speed and maybe even slowing down as the freeway was getting =
a bit crowded.&nbsp; This only happened for about a second and then =
everything was fine and my car drove great the rest of the day, I even =
took it to 90mph without any trouble.&nbsp; At first it felt like when =
my radiator hose busted off a few weeks ago, but my radiator is fine and =
all my coolant is in the car.&nbsp; The only thing I can think of is a =
problem with the spark plugs.&nbsp; I put new bosch platnum +4's in the =
car last night and its run better since but maybe this is a problem due =
to that.&nbsp; Another possibility is maybe a problem with the cat =
because my car has run rather rich this past year and that may be going =
bad due to running rich.&nbsp; I thought I could smell a little bit more =
raw fuel than is usual when my rpm's dropped but its hard to tell on the =
freeway.&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C21BC8.8979B860--