new clutch, doesn't engage or something- help!

--0-1557749405-1025387638=:69732

Hey all, please help me!  After installing a new clutch/pressure plate(pretty sure I did everything right), I can't get the clutch to engage the engine.  The front is up in the air, I turned the pass wheel and it kind of turned the engine a little, then i heard kind of a konk, snap and it stopped turning.  Turned out the drivers side CV shaft snapped because I rebuilt it wrong.  So I replaced it ASAP, and when in gear(tried most of them), spinning the tire just turns the other tire in the opposite direction, and doesn't turn the engine at all.  I thought the clutch cable might be screwed up(actually I knew it was) so I replaced it, still doesn't turn the engine.  I disconnected the cable at the tranny to be sure that the clutch lever was fully engaged, still NO turning of the engine, just spins the opposite wheel in the opposite direction.  Please help!  I can't think of what could've gone wrong...

Rob