Best way to clean inside block?

Well, the block is now Chevy Orange :) Weather permitting,=
 tomorrow will be when I start putting it in the car.

I need to clean out the inside of the engine though. After being=
 built, it sat in a barn for about 6-7 months and it's gotten=
 some debris in it from me cleaning the outside to paint it and=
 during transport. I will bolt it into the engine bay (sans head)=
 and pull the pan to clean it, but what should I use to clean it=
 out with? Would a spray can of parts, brake, or carb cleaner be=
 okay? WD-40 maybe?

Joshua