tranny noise

'86 8v. When it is idling, I hear this rattling/buzzing sound. It seems to
go away if I put it above 1500 RPM, though It might just get drowned out by
the sound of the motor. I'd been having a hard time avoiding grinding
reverse, and getting into any gear in general. Adjusting my clutch cable
helped a little with the grinding/gear changes. But I wasn't able to adjust
it to spec because I reached the limit of adjustment on the cable. I just
drained the tranny fluid and put in some Redline MTL. The shifting problems
have improoved, and the rattling/buzzing sound at idle went away for a
little bit, but now it's back. I'm thinking that the hard shifting is
because my syncros are worn out from the miss-adjusted clutch cable, and the
buzzing is SMS (self machining syndrom). Can someone describe to me what
that sounds like? Does this sound like it could be SMS? I tried recording
the sound with my digital recorder but it didn't really come out, plus I'd
need a place to post it from any of you to hear it.

Eric