Review: US H4 Eurolite Conversion Kit

William-
  It doesn't make sense that some H4's would be different than others.
That said, when I put H4's in my MkII, they didn't work when hooked up like
the stock sealed-beams.  I had to swap the connections around a bit before
they would work properly.  I just thought I had taken lousy notes when I was
disassembling the old units, but maybe not...?

Larry  sandiego16v

> Ok, I got one of the lights in before my wife got home and I took her out
> for her birthday.  I can say that these actually fit very snug in the
stock
> US headlight housing!  I wired up the city light to the corner lights and
> that looks nice, however, I ran into a problem.  The light it self doesn't
> come on unless I turn the high beams on and thats a problem.  I tested
both
> bulbs just incase one was funky and they both did the same thing.  So I'm
> wondering if I have to change the wiring connector to work with the lights
> or will I have to hunt for a different bulb?  I thought I remembered
someone
> saying that for some H4's you have to change the wiring to go to the
proper
> terminals on the buld.  Is this correct.  I'm prollie going to go try it
> now, but I also wanted to put the question to the list.
>
> Also, I've been taking pics and I should have them posted tonight
sometime.

> William

It
> > looks like a lot of the kits are that way from what  I've found. I got a
> set
> > of frames off the list and plan on putting some J-B weld or epoxy around
> the
> > bracket thats behind the lights and lube the lights so I can press them
in
> > and remove them to form a tight fit
> > Bob
> >
> > > I actually just got the kit w/city lights in my mailbox today.  I'm
> going
> > to try
> > > and get them in tonight and I will be sure to let you all know how the
> > work.  I
> > > don't have my headlights relayed just yet so that will have to happen
> soon
> > as
> > > well.  I'll be sure to watch out for that size difference, I hope i
> don't
> > have
> > > the same problem.  Just for the record, I got my set from
> > "thebulbwarehouse" on
> > > e-bay.  The bulbs are supposed to have a lifetime warrenty but we'll
see
> > about
> > > that.
> > >
> > > William