16V Distributor Oil Leak Tech Note

Diamond-
  If you are consciencious about your mechanical endeavors, you can replace
the seal (for next to nothing).  Potter has the seal for $10 and replacing
it is not a big deal.  If you can open a can of soup without amputating a
finger, you can perform this repair.   Even if you don't get it right the
first time, you can buy a LOT of seals for the cost of one distributor....

Larry  sandiego16v