a/c retrofit kit??

In a message dated Wed, 26 Jun 2002 8:14:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, skyrocco16v@prodigy.net writes:

> does anybody know if there is an a/c retrofit kit available for a 16v rocco?  with the extremely high cost of r-12, i
> want to convert my car to r-134a.  thanks
> corey

Yeah Corey, you can go to wal-mart or Pepboys or probably any auto store they have the whole kit for like 40 bucks and you can do it yourself.  I haven't done it yet but I will soon, from what I heard it is not as cold as the original system.  Important thing to do is when you change all the seals, before you fill it with the new freon make sure you go to a mech. and have them pull a vacume on the system. Peace out

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta Vr6 GLX