Exhaust manifold studs Q

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Marc scirocco =
Qu=E9bec
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 10:00 PM
To: Peter
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: Exhaust manifold studs Q

Heli-coils went in for two of the holes. Now the last
son of a b***h looks like it is a stainless steel
stud.

Titanium drill bits did nothing. Cobalt drill bits
with four points did nothing. Lots of cutting oil, low
speed (+-200RPM), high pressure, and I am down into
the stud about 1/16 of an inch.

Any ideas? A machine shop?

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato

Stainless isn't any harder than the stock hardened studs...

I'd try a new drill bit first...=20
Sometimes they loose their edge before you can get them all drilled out.

Pete

 --- Peter <peter@thescirocco.com> a =E9crit : >=20