16v or 8v turbo?

Al-
  Either you were more awake, or I was, since your second explanation was
much clearer to me.

However, since Brake Mean Effective Pressure (BMEP, or the 'peak pressure' I
believe you're speaking of) is the true indicator of power (torque,
actually, put for simplicity's sake we'll call it just 'power'), it sounds
like the 16v would be the engine of choice, since it will (with 5 lbs boost)
produce the "the same peak pressure as an 8v with 15 lbs of boost."
Aaarrrgghh, I'm getting more conFUSED!!

Larry

> okok, heres what i mean.
>     by running lower c/r, you can run higher boost, meaning the engine
draws in more (mass) of air
> on each stroke. the lower c/r means lower multiplication of the absolute
pressure coming in, so
> since the lower c/r engine is multiplying by a lower factor, there is a
lower peak cylinder pressure
> in the lower c/r engine (with the same level of boost). the peak cylinder
pressure is usually the
> limiting factor.
>     a (stock) 16v with ~5 lbs boost has approx the same peak pressure as
an 8v with ~15 lbs boost.
> this is where the ~5 lbs limit comes from for stock 16v turbos. yes the
16v may be flowing better,
> but the 8v is still getting much more mass of air (and fuel) in the
cylinder per stroke (due to the