[Re: Body kit ??]

I'll add my two cents since the dog woke me up at this ungodly hour. I am=

likely the only lister with their products actually on my car (the CF hoo=
d,
you likely didn't notice it since it's painted) . Anyway, the first one t=
hey
sold me had so many ripples the body guy said it would take a ton of fill=
er to
flatten it out (the reason for the hood was no rust, and light weight, no=
t the
cool factor), so I had to make a second trip to TO (2 hours) and that tim=
e I
actually met the owner, the first time I phoned ahead to confirm he'd be =
there
and he didn't even show up. Mind you, the hood was relatively cheap, and =
we
wanted to paint it anyway. So it still isn't super flat, and needs to be
pinned sometime, it either opens properly OR fits properly, on my car, th=
at's
a no brainer so it sits a bit crooked. While I was there, there was a ano=
ther
customer, his car sat in the driveway, body kit partially attached. He sa=
id it
had been 6 weeks, and the owner totally ignored him when he spoke to him.=

Another little anecdote, a friend ( he drags a 510 Datsun with a small bl=
ock
Chevy in it) got a hood from him, it took two or three trips to get it cl=
ose,
then he took it home and did a little surgery on it himself to make it wo=
rk.
His hood looks decent. So I'd proceed with caution, you are distant, so
shipping will be significant, and a body kit is much more difficult to fi=
than just a hood.
My hood is "acceptable", certainly not perfect. But I knew it was a cosme=
tic
"second" and paid only about 235 USD when I crunch the numbers. And there=
 were
no clean metal hoods to be had locally anyway.I think a body kit needs to=
 be
nearer to perfect, even still there will be some fitting.
I'd pass.
Cathy

"Josh Able" <mkii@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
Back before anybody was making CF hoods for a Scirocco, I had contacted
them. They said they could do it, I and another guy sent up money for the=

hoods (we paid in advance since it was a "special" job). After about 6
months without seeing a hood, even though they kept saying the hoods were=

done and they were being shipped in a day or two (they said this for abou=
t 3
months) we finally got 2 crappy hoods. They looked like total shit.

Josh Able