The hunt for idle

bentley tests on the isv can be misleading--electrically, it may work as
expected (ie current is getting to the right places) but mechanically it may
not be.  only way that i know to check is to take the front hose off
(leaving wiring on), turn the ignition on.  while humming, you should be
able to easily see the valve opening/closing (pretty fast). if not, it needs
a cleanin'.