A1 Veedub whoops the Porsche

My guess is wet roads, 300 and change hp to the wheels (sorry if I missed
on that one - not up on my Porsche stats) is going to be more of a
challenge to control than wet roads and 100 and change hp (give or take)
to the wheels, regardless of who's driving.  And AWD - that just lets you
get into more trouble - any SUV owner will tell you that... :)

Naturally the VW cars were all driven by superior drivers, so we'd expect
them to do better regardless of the conditions... :)

Seriously, what kind of class of event is this?  What's the calibre of the
drivers?  Sure seems like a wide variety of cars grouped together.

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 UrGTI@aol.com wrote:

> Wet or not a Porsche is still a race bred car and a MK1 VW is just a common
> hatchback (in a sense) . Besides look at all the AWD drive cars lower down in
> the standings. Whats their excuse for getting beat by a 28 year old design?
>
> Jasin
> food for thought

Drew MacPherson - '84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco TurboDiesel