project update (mostly non-rocco content)

Hello all,

Thought some of you might want to know update updates
on my Porsche hybrid car.  I guess it's technically a
water-cooled VW :)

The 914 project is coming along quite nicely.  I've
got parts and budget now to finish it.  The skinny is
406 hp at 5500 rpm and 420 foot pounds of torque at
4500 rpm from a Chevy small block w/ custom multi-port
fuel injection.

target final weight is 2400 lbs.

Porsche 930 trans with reversed R&P gear.  4 speed
strong as heck.

8 point welded roll cage .120 DOM.

Upgraded to 12" 4 piston brakes and 911 front
suspension.

rear tires 345/35 R15

>From the my test ride in and almost identical car w/
750hp nitrous motor. . . (I rode in it without hitting
the bottle). . . only 470hp :(  this thing's going
going to be a screamer.  Perhaps finally, I'll be able
to bring an "H20 VW" to a show.

The long project will come to an end late summer.  Bay
Area folks can come get a ride :)

Scirocco content:  I'm keeping my white 16v. . . it's
been too reliable/fun/practical to sell now.

-'Chung